Upon reading this article https://professionals.wisestamp.com/graphic-designer/resources/ultimate-social-media-guide-graphic-designers/ the numbers seemed huge, and I had no idea what that meant before as a artist who uses social media.
Below are some stats pulled from the link.
- 829 million people use Facebook on a daily basis; and you want to capture their attention.
- 30 million businesses now have a Facebook Fan Page; you should too.
- 34.7 million American adults use Twitter.
- 27.9% of all social network users in the U.S. are on Twitter, 19.2% of internet users are on Twitter, and 15.2% of the total U.S. population is on Twitter.
- 6 billion hours of YouTube videos are watched per month
- 1 billion – is the average of YouTube mobile videos watched per day
- 200 million active monthly users
- 50 million users joined Instagram in the first half of 2014
- 20 billion photos have been taken on Instagram to date
After thinking about these numbers there is one clear thing to me, and thats most if not all business is leaning towards online. Building an online presences on social media is just as important to your actual website.